United Way of Brevard is serving as a centralized clearinghouse for those wishing to volunteer for Hurricane IRMA response for Brevard County, Florida. Volunteers are needed to help residents prepare prior to the storms arrival, during the storm as well as after the storm passes.
Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and are needed in the following areas:
1. Answering Calls at 2-1-1 / EOC Disaster Hotline
2. Shelter Volunteers (Traditional, Special Needs and Pets)
3. Distributing Water/ Ice / Meals / Tarps at Centralized Points of Distribution (CPOD) after the storm passes
4. Debris Removal / Clean Up
5. Tarp Installation
6. Administrative Support at Disaster Recovery Center post storm
Please be patient. You will be contacted based on immediate needs prior to the storm or once public officials and disaster relief organizations assess the damage and identify what the specific unmet needs are. There will be volunteer needs for many months.
Check back for additional volunteer opportunities.
1100 Rockledge BlvdRockledge,FL 32955
Starts:Wednesday, Sep 06, 2017
Ends:Friday, Feb 28, 2020
1 - 1000
Referred / Assigned
2018 Campaign Video
Big Guy, Mimi & Regan's Story