United Way of Brevard is serving as a centralized clearinghouse for those wishing to volunteer for Hurricane IRMA response for Brevard County, Florida. Volunteers are needed to help residents prepare prior to the storms arrival, during the storm as well as after the storm passes.
Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and are needed in the following areas:
1. Answering Calls at 2-1-1 / EOC Disaster Hotline
2. Shelter Volunteers (Traditional, Special Needs and Pets)
3. Distributing Water/ Ice / Meals / Tarps at Centralized Points of Distribution (CPOD) after the storm passes
4. Debris Removal / Clean Up
5. Tarp Installation
6. Administrative Support at Disaster Recovery Center post storm
Please be patient. You will be contacted based on immediate needs prior to the storm or once public officials and disaster relief organizations assess the damage and identify what the specific unmet needs are. There will be volunteer needs for many months.
Check back for additional volunteer opportunities.
937 Dixon BoulevardCocoa,FL 32922
Starts:Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Ends:Friday, February 28, 2020
1 - 1000
Referred / Assigned