United Way Offers Free Preventative Health Workshops
Programs presented by a Certified Health Educator
United Way is fighting for a healthier, more resilient community by promoting healthy eating, physical activity and offering programs to increase healthy lifestyles and improve health.
Workshop topics include:
• Lowering Cholesterol without Drugs…and is it really necessary?
• Healthy Hearts (What to do to keep your heart-and brain- healthy)
• Searching for the Sandman (Helps you sleep better and reduce or prevent insomnia)
• How to Stop Smoking Now and Forever without drugs (If you’re ready, this is for you!)
• Bodycare from the Inside-Out (Nutrition and Bodycare)
• Cancer Prevention for Today and Tomorrow (Most is preventable, really.)
• Managing Your Stress (No matter the cause or holiday)
• Preventing Food Borne Illnesses (Happens more than you want to know)
• Diabetes Prevention/Management (Whether you are a diabetic or live with one)
• Eating for Health and Performance (For your get-up and go!)
• Preventing Trips and Falls (Oops….!)
• Preventing or Managing Arthritis (Good to know if you’re having “issues”)
• Our Memory and How to Improve it (Know anyone who doesn’t need this?)
Michael F. Edwards, MA, CHES
Michael Edwards is a nationally recognized author and Board Certified Health Education Specialist. He has over a dozen years in Health Promotion and Wellness and has served under the US Department of Defense as the Health Education Program at 3 military bases (including Patrick Air Force Base), researching, implementing and evaluating programs to improve health and reduce healthcare costs.
To attend or host a workshop at your location, please contact Michael F. Edwards, MA, CHES or call 321- 631-2740.